Sunday, February 9, 2020

Sunday, February 9, 2020

Didn't get very much sleep.  Entering the most difficult part of the trip and had a lot on my mind.  Wanted to leave around midnight EST but the roads were not conducive to permit load travel.  In other words, we got some more snow.  At about 4 AM EST (2 AM MST - local time) I checked the weather radar, the Montana web site, the Idaho web site, and called the Montana Highway Patrol on the phone.  Everything was "good to go!"  I pulled out of the truck stop at 4:30 EST.  Some areas were snow covered and ice packed, others were clear and only wet.  Montana does a lousy job of keeping their roads plowed and salted/sanded.  Here is the view of Bozeman, Montana as I was coming down and almost at the bottom of  the west side of Bozeman Pass.


Here is a photo of the big, bright full moon just after sunrise this morning.


Much later on, I went over Lookout Pass.  That is on I-90 at the Montana / Idaho state line.  Notice how deep the snow is.


Starting down the other side...




Photos do not show how beautiful all this is with fresh snow all around.

Continued on to the Flying J truck stop in Post Falls, Idaho. It is on I-90 at exit 2.   Had to stop there because my Washington permit does not start until tomorrow.  Even at that, I still got 522 miles in today.  I'll leave here in the middle of the night again when my 10 hours is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment