Monday, August 10, 2020

Monday, August 10, 2020

 They opened at 6 am PDT and I went in.  They were pretty good at getting me unloaded quickly.  From there I headed toward Chula Vista, CA where my next load is.  Did real good with traffic until I got to Los Angeles.  The first area of bumper to bumper traffic was caused by the lookie-loos slowing down to look at this wreck.

After that, there were several more areas of bumper to bumper traffic.  Finally made it through L.A.  and continued south on I-5.  Went past the San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant.  Right after the tsunami in Japan that wiped out the nuclear power plant there, that was right on the ocean like this one is, it spooked the folks here so they decommissioned this one.  

Continued on past Camp Pendelton.  They were doing some training as I went past.  There was a ship in the ocean and troops on the beach.



Stopped for the night at the southbound rest area at Camp Pendelton on I-5.

No comments:

Post a Comment