Friday, December 18, 2020

Friday, December 18, 2020

 Left a half-hour before sunrise this morning.  Did pretty good time-wise until I got to south Florida.  Had several bumper to bumper traffic episodes down there.  My permit route had me do a "U" turn in the middle of heavy (and it was heavy too) Miami traffic. What the heck were they thinking!!!!!!??????  I just had to barge my way through because nobody was going to let me do a "U" turn.  


In the process of the "U" turn, a tire on the trailer blew out.  I continued on to my destination. When I got there, in the process of detaching the trailer, I flipped the switch to unlock my sliding 5th wheel.  The cylinder blew out!!!  Are we having fun yet???


I was still able to deliver the excavator.  Called the shop and they sent a tire guy to fix the tire problem. The 5th wheel issue can wait.


Over three hours later I was out of there and heading north.  This time a LOT more bumper to bumper traffic sporadically from there until I got well north of West Palm Beach.  Thought I'd never get moving!!!  Once I got past all that I drove up to the TA truck stop in Vero Beach for the night.  


No comments:

Post a Comment