Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

 This morning went over to the Port of Baltimore in Dundalk, Maryland.  Loaded a blade for a Caterpillar D8 Dozer, the swing arms, and a parts box.  All going to a landfill in Dover, Ohio. 



I tried to make it a legal load (not needing permits) and thought I had it.  But it didn't work.  When I started to move the blade shifted.  Had to go back and have the forklift re-position it.  Now it was a permit load.  Oh well, I tried.  Left there and drove straight through to Dover, Ohio landfill, 408 miles.  There was plenty of room for me to park overnight.  There is a snow/ice storm on the way.  I pushed it hard to get there.  Didn't want to be stuck at a truck stop an hour or less away.  At least when I'm empty I can still drive in the snow or ice.  Can't with a permit load.  So I will get empty first thing in the morning.  My next load is in Kernersville, North Carolina.  That puts me driving right through the heart of the snow/ice storm through the Appalachian Mountains of West Virginia and North Carolina in the morning.  Tomorrow will be an interesting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment