Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

 I drove the 245 miles over to San Antonio and got there as they opened this morning.  I took my trailer apart and got everything out in preparation for my machine.  The machine I was loading, a Caterpillar D6 Dozer, was not ready yet.  It had an air conditioning problem that was supposed to be fixed yesterday. They hadn't even started on it yet.  So I waited.  Helped another driver load a water tanker on his truck while I waited.  Also saw them take my machine into the shop.  

Yesterday I forgot to tell you that I passed one of those self driving trucks.  It had a human sitting in the driver's seat but he wasn't doing anything.  It was going slower that the traffic flow and while I was behind it the brake lights kept coming on.  When I went to pass him there was nothing in front of it to cause it to keep braking.  I must say, I'm not a fan.  There is no way that a self driving truck could do the oversized loads we do.  Impossible.

After a couple hours I was told it wouldn't be ready anytime soon.  They have to order parts.  I was given a different load that wasn't too far away.  I drove over to New Braunfels, TX and loaded a John Deere 544 Wheel loader with a bucket and forks that is going to South Plainfield, New Jersey.


Left there and started heading north.  Just north of Austin there was a lot of construction.  I-35 there was 3 lanes wide.  There was a semi truck on my right.  I could not see the signs that said his lane was ending. This was a close one.  

I stopped for my 10 hours at the Petro Truck Stop in Carl's Corner, Texas.  This is the place Willie Nelson was part owner until Petro bought it.


No comments:

Post a Comment