Saturday, April 2, 2022

Saturday, April 2, 2022

 This morning while I was getting ready to go, a truck came into the truck stop.  It stopped in the drive just past me a few trucks down.  It was experiencing a runaway engine.  For a better explanation than I could give you of what a runaway diesel engine is, click here.  Here is a YouTube video of a semi-truck with a runaway engine.  


With the morning humidity, the smoke hung real low and was so thick you could hardly see anything. When his engine finally seized up, the air cleared and I left.  Don't know if the fire department was called but I wanted to get out of there before they got there and blocked me in.  

Had a good day on the road.  No traffic issues in Baltimore, or Washington DC.  Drove down to the Pilot truck stop in Dunn, North Carolina for the rest of the weekend. I'll deliver Monday morning a little over 30 minutes from here.


No comments:

Post a Comment