Thursday, May 26, 2022

Thursday, May 26, 2022

 I left the yard at about 4:30 this morning and drove to Ocala and delivered the telehandler.  My next load was 7 miles away.  Went there and loaded a John Deere 624K Wheel Loader that is going to Fenton, Missouri. 


I left there and drove back to the Daily yard in Jacksonville.  Had to have some work done on my trailer.  While there ran a few errands.  The terminal manager asked me if I could go over to the Port of Jacksonville and assist another Daily driver.  He had a large forklift on his trailer and didn't know how to get it off.  I went there.  It was a bit of a workout. Had to put a couple pins in to attach the hydraulic ram to the lift part so it could move.  That took a bit of time and energy.  Those things are heavy!!!  Anyway, we got it done and I took the forklift off the trailer and parked it for him.  He was very grateful because he didn't know how to do any of that.  It is going overseas and all the instrumentation on the machine was in a foreign language.  Had to figure out how to run the machine with no help.  It was a good thing I knew what to do and how to do it.


The green arrow (you may have to enlarge the photo to see it) in the photo below points to the pin (one on each side) that had to be put in.


Then went back to the yard.  My trailer is done so I'll be leaving a half-hour before sunrise tomorrow morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment