Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

 I left at 5:15 this morning and drove over to the job site where I was delivering.  WOW, it was difficult to get in there!!!  Then the thunderstorm came.  Fortunately, it didn't last long.  The crane arrived at 6:45.  After they got set up, they unloaded me. 



18,000 pounds "flying" through the air.


I took a much longer but easier way back out of there.  Went to the Port of Baltimore in Dundalk, MD for my next load.  After checking in I went to get the machine.  The batteries were dead and it needed a jump start.  Then the heavens opened up.  It poured heavy rain.  After about 30 minutes of waiting the rain finally slowed enough to get back to work.  The guy from the Port jump-started the machine, a Caterpillar 906M Wheel Loaded that is going to Whitehall, Pennsylvania.  I loaded it.



Left there and drove up to Whitehall, PA, and delivered it.  My next load is back at the Port of Baltimore.  I started back that way but didn't get very far.  Stopped at the Allentown Service Plaza on I-476 for the night.  I just didn't feel like dealing with Phillidelphia and Baltimore rush hour traffic.  I'll leave very early in the morning to beat it.



No comments:

Post a Comment