Thursday, June 13, 2024

Thursday, June 13, 2024

 I left early this morning and drove the rest of the way to Phoenix, AZ.  I was told to go to a yard where they were staging stuff for the project.  It was about 3 miles from where the construction was.  When I arrived at 8 AM MST, I was told they wouldn't be able to unload until tomorrow.  There are 3 other trucks with generators coming.  They loaded when I did.  There is also a fuel tank coming too.  I was the first to arrive here.  I parked in the corner of the lot, took the tarp off and put it away, then settled in for the rest of the day.

After I had been settled in for a while, I got a call that said they were all caught up at the job site and that they were ready for me to go in to unload.  I drove over to the job site and was led back to where I was to be unloaded.  I backed into the spot and they rigged up the crane.  They didn't like the rigging so they took it all off, had a group meeting, then re-rigged the crane.  

First rigging

Then they stood around and talked about it some more.  Then it was lunchtime!! After lunch, they decided that the rigging wasn't right either so they took it off and re-re-rigged it. It STILL wasn't good enough so they took it all off AGAIN!!!!  They had to bring in some other equipment because these generators were different than the other ones they had done and needed different rigging than what they had there. In the process of trying to lift the unit, they damaged it. They put a dent in one of the pipes.


The correct rigging arrived, they hooked it up and off it went!  Finally!!!  



My next load is in Roswell, New Mexico and it loads Tuesday.  I left there and drove to the Petro truck stop in Casa Grande, Arizona for the night.  In tomorrow's blog, I'll tell you more about the job site I just delivered to.  It is pretty interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment