Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Went into the Port of Baltimore and loaded a Caterpillar excavator.  Oversize load.  Got on the road and made it as far as I-70 west of Baltimore when I saw white clouds from the back side of my truck.  I quickly pulled over as the temperature gauge started to go up.  When I opened the hood a huge cloud of steam came out and I could see the liquid on the ground under the truck.  Yup, you guessed it!!  I blew a coolant hose.  A road service guy came out and found which hose it was (cus' I didn't know).  It was a coolant line that is behind the turbocharger.  He had the hose with him but, because of it's location, he could not change it on the side of the road.  Much bigger job than originally thought.  Called a tow truck and was towed back to Baltimore to the Peterbilt shop.  So far I have spent $975 and have not even started to fix the hose.  That comes tomorrow.  Hope it is fixed tomorrow!!  Tonight I'm in a Best Western hotel spending more money!!  Hope tomorrow is better and I can get back on the road again.

No comments:

Post a Comment