Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday, February 1, 2013

Went over to the Port of Baltimore first thing this morning. While I was there waiting to get unloaded it snowed.  Started off as flurries.  Then it snowed real hard for about 10 minutes. It was coming down so hard that I couldn't see the other end of the building. Then, just as fast as it started, it stopped.  Only about a quarter of an inch of snow stuck to the ground.  Went back to get unloaded and waited.  45 minutes after I was in, they told me that their lift was broken and that the mechanic was working on it.  "...it will be a while."   Fortunately, it didn't take as long as I thought it would to get unloaded.  

Went to the daily yard and got rid of the step deck trailer and got my trailer back.  Went back to the Port of Baltimore for my next load.  It is sunny, cold, and windy now.  No more snow. Most of what fell this morning was either blown away or melted.  Didn't have the correct paperwork so I had to wait for that!  Nothing goes smooth anymore!!  Four and a half hours later I was loaded with a Caterpillar 324EL Excavator that is going to the Port of Jacksonville.



Because of all the needless delays today I didn't make Baltimore curfew so all I could do was go back to the TA truck stop for the night.  I'll get started tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment