Thursday, February 16, 2017

Thursday, February 16, 2017

I woke up a little after midnight and decided to check to see if the road had opened up.  Well, according to the Cal Trans web site, it was!!  I called the California Highway Patrol to confirm it.  In Nevada and California some permit loads can travel at night. I was on the road by 1 am.  It was VERY windy this morning.  The snow at Donner Summit was, in some places, over 20 feet (6 meters) deep.  Too dark to get any photos.  The roads were in very good shape.  Went past the mud slide areas.  Cal Trans had done a fantastic job getting that mess cleared.  The rain started when I got to Sacramento.  Apparently it was snowing at Donner Summit because snow chains were required and permit loads were restricted.  Glad I went when I did!!!  Beat the weather.  Made it the rest of the way to Pleasant Grove, CA.  Was there way too early so I had to wait for them to open.  When they did, I delivered the excavator.  Then went back to Sacramento to the Sacramento 49ers Travel Plaza to wait for my next load and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment