Monday, March 5, 2018

Monday, March 5, 2018

Another interesting day on the road.  It started off very good, but that didn't last long.  Pulled out of the truck stop at 2 am without any problems.  BUT when I went to turn on the entrance ramp of the Interstate the trailer bottomed out big time!!  Fortunately the only thing that was blocked was the entrance ramp.   




Had to call a wrecker and the cops.  The cops showed up and were surprisingly very nice.  A while later the wrecker showed up.  Took about 10 minutes for the wrecker to pull me over the hump.  Somehow I lot a mud flap on the truck during the "festivities".   Finally got on the road. But the delay screwed up my timing.  Had it planned to get through Knoxville before curfew.  That didn't happen.  Had to stop and wait for it to get over at 9 am.  Then drove into Knoxville.  At the weigh station there I dropped my trailer and went to the truck stop for fuel.  Then went back and got the trailer again.  We continued on without any more difficulties.  Didn't get as far as I wanted to today.  Stopped at the rest area on I-81 at mile marker 129 in Virginia.  I dropped my trailer there and went for dinner.  Then stopped for fuel.  While there I got the mud flap replaced.  Then went back and reconnected to my trailer and settled in for the night.  I'm exhausted!!!!!  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment