Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Started off this morning with only a little over 6 hours left on my clock.  Went into Victoria and loaded a Caterpillar 336 Excavator that is going to Houston, Texas. 



Got out of there in great time and drove to Houston and delivered the excavator.  Then drove to the Daily yard in Houston.  Made it there with 11 minutes to spare.  Dropped my trailer there.  Then went on personal convanience mode and drove to the TA truck stop in Baytown.  Got fuel, showered, had lunch, and did some more laundry.  I was going to go back to the yard for the night and grab some dinner on the way.  Got started that way but didn't get very far.  A barge hit the west bound bridge on I-10 in Baytown yesterday.  They had completely shut down the west bound side of I-10.  It was rush hour and nothing was moving very fast.  All the west bound traffic was routed on the frontage road and then at the bridge it was diverted on a detour.  It took me an hour to go to the next place I could do a "U" turn to go back to the truck stop.  I'll try it again a different way sometime in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment