Saturday, November 30, 2019

Saturday, November 30, 2019

The weather did get worse overnight.  This morning it was a little foggy and raining.  It got real windy too.  Waited a little for the fog to lift.  When it did I left.  It didn't take long for the wind to wreck havoc with that stupid tarp.  Before long I had a nice balloon back there that was flapping like a flag.  Wasn't a thing I could do about it.  I had used up all my bungee cords and it was impossible to throw another strap over it in the wind.  So I kept going.  Somewhere along the road today I lost a very expensive flag that fell off when a bolt loosened up on it's own.  I stopped for the rest of the day at the TA truck stop in Albert Lea, Minnesota.  It was cold and still raining but at least the wind had died down.  I started off by replacing the bracket that fell off with a spare that I had.  Of course, the way things were going today, the spare didn't fit.  Then it was time to try to do something with that stupid tarp.  When it ballooned up and started flapping it flung off about 1/4 of the bungee cords and tore off the "D" rings.  Then the ends of the tarp shredded.  Big mess.  I threw another strap over it all and tried my best to secure it.  That makes 5 straps I have on the damn thing trying to hold down the tarp.   I still have a long way to go too.  I am routed all over the place.  Not a straight shot to delivery.  It about doubles my mileage to get there from here.

Minnesota Route
South Dakota Route
Now I can try to relax and get over this cold or flu bug that I have.  Last weekend of regular season college football.  Rivalry Weekend !! 



No comments:

Post a Comment