Saturday, April 10, 2021

Saturday, April 10, 2021

 Left Baltimore this morning timing it so that I got to the Pennsylvania state line right at sunrise.  Everything was going fine until I was about 40 miles south of Erie on I-79.  A tire AND an airbag blew out on the trailer.  Messed up my new mud flap and took out my new "oversized load" banner.  I stopped in a safe place (well, as safe as one could be on the side of the Interstate) and called for road service to come out.  



Ironically, they called the TA truck stop that I was heading to for the weekend to come out and fix it.  Minutes seem like hours when you are sitting on the side of the road waiting for road service to arrive. It took three hours for him to get here.  

First had to lift the trailer.  No easy task.  He had two 30 ton jacks and they couldn't lift it high enough. It took another jack and an assist from my 3 remaining airbags to get it high enough to work on.   


With the airbag replaced it was time to change to tire.


With all the work completed, I left and drove to the TA truck stop in Erie, PA for the rest of the weekend.  It is right next to where I'm delivering the wheel loader Monday morning.  But first, tomorrow morning I have to have a bunch of trailer lights fixed.  A lot of them don't work.  But that's tomorrow.  Tonight, I'm going to sleep!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment