Thursday, April 8, 2021

Thursday, April 8, 2021

 Left real early and timed it so that I arrived in Rochester just before they opened.  I delivered the excavator.  My next load was supposed to be in Baltimore so I started off in that direction.  That changed and I rerouted to Batavia, NY for a load.  Arrived there and got all set to load a Caterpillar Wheel Loader.  It wasn't there.  It was in Syracuse, NY.  I put everything back together and drove the 2 1/2 hours east to Syracuse.  When I got there I loaded a Caterpillar 938M Wheel Loader that is going to Myersville, Maryland.  



While loading I noticed an air leak somewhere in the area of the left front axle on the trailer.  I left there and headed south.  On the way called the trailer shop in Carlisle.  I went there.  Got there a little after 4:30 pm.  They brought the trailer in and started to work on it.  Here is what they found...

This was the bad part in the wheel.


This is the broken part he took off.


This is the new part.


Oh, it gets worse!  In the photo of the broken part, see all that black stuff in there?  That is metal shavings.  Very bad.  Lots of stuff needs replacing in all four wheels!!  Very glad I stopped when I did. We shall see what goodies tomorrow brings.  I'll bet I get a different trailer and have to unload and reload the machine plus all my stuff. The saga continues!!

No comments:

Post a Comment