Monday, February 21, 2022

Monday, February 21, 2022

 I'm enjoying a nice, large, cup of hot chocolate while I'm typing this.  It's really good too!! Left at about 2 AM this morning.  Drove the rest of the way to Marianna, Florida, and delivered the boom lift.  When loading and unloading those things you have to hold on tight.  When it goes up on or down off the trailer it wants to flip you like a pancake on a spatula.  My next load was up in Atlanta.  Drove back up there and loaded a Komatsu 210 Excavator that is going up to Shakopee, Minnesota. 


Of course, it was raining.  I was covered in grease and mud as well as being soaked to the skin when I was finished.  Left there and went straight to the Petro in Atlanta, got fuel, then scaled.  Wouldn't you know it... I was too heavy on my trailer axles.  Had to unsecured it and back the machine up a couple feet.  Then re-secure it all again.  Just what I love to do in the cold rain!!  I'm sure I have it right now.  Parking places are at a premium here so I wasn't about to pull out of the two I had. I need two spaced side-by-side because of the machine width.  Finished the day after driving 560 miles with only 9 minutes available on my electronic babysitter.  I'll re-scale in the morning just to make sure.  Long hot shower, dinner, then bed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment