Thursday, February 24, 2022

Thursday, February 24, 2022

 Left at about 2 AM CST and drove the 231 miles to Shakopee, MN.  I got there before they opened.  On the way up here the truck's "Check Engine" light came on.  Just what I needed now!!!  While waiting for them to open I called our shop to report the issue.  Once they opened tried to unload the machine but it was so cold that the fuel had gelled in it.  So he had to go get a heater and warm it up so that he could get it off the trailer. Once that was finally done I was able to get out of there.  I drove down to the International Truck dealer in Albert Lea, MN to get the "Check Engine" light taken care of.  They told me on the phone that they could get me in this afternoon after 3 when the second shift came in.  I was VERY lucky and they took me in right away!!  I couldn't believe it.  They were able to fix it pretty quick and I was out of there.  But that is where my good luck ended. Shortly after I got on the road my ELD (electronic logbook) went haywire.  Then it started to snow.  Then unbeknownst to me, my trailer turn signals and brake lights went out.  That attracted the attention of a DOT cop.  I got pulled over and inspected.  Also had a bad tire.  Fortunately, I didn't get any tickets and was able to temporally fix the problem.  I just got a crappy inspection.  I was able to just make it to John Deere in Waterloo, Iowa, and load a John Deere 8RX 370 Tractor that is going to the Port of Baltimore.



I stayed at the John Deere plant for the night.  Had road service come out and change the bad tire and fix the trailer lights.  Hope it stops snowing so I can go in the morning.  3 inches on the ground so far and still coming down hard. Can't have all good days, got to have some bad ones too.  That's just the way it goes with everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment