Friday, July 22, 2022

Friday, July 22, 2022

 At midnight, when my reset was finished, I continued to the Allison Transmission plant in Indianapolis, Indiana, and delivered the conveyor crates. I was the second of twelve trucks he was expecting.  As I was leaving the next truck was arriving.  Next load was in Ghent, Kentucky at the Nucor Steel plant.  Went there.  The place is HUGE. Went where security sent me.  They had no idea what I was to load.  They called someone and they said it was on the other side of the plant.  Went where they told me and they had no idea what I was to get.  I waited there for over an hour until they figured out what I was to do.  It seems that someone in the office (don't know if it was our mistake or theirs) made a big mistake.  What I was told to load in Ghent, KY was actually up in Dalton, Ohio where I was to deliver.  In other words, they got it backward.  So I started off for Dalton.  Stopped for the night at the Flying J truck stop in Lebanon, Ohio. 546 miles today.

No comments:

Post a Comment