Sunday, July 17, 2022

Sunday, July 17, 2022

 I left Denmark, Tennessee at 10:30 PM EDT when my 10 hours were up.  Shortly after I went into Oklahoma the left lane shut down for construction.  Here is the approach to the construction area.


The rest of the trip was pretty uneventful.  When I had to stop for the required 30-minute break, I took a 30-minute nap.  Made it to the place I wanted to get to, The Big Texan in Amarillo, Texas.  Got there at lunchtime.  I ordered a 24 oz. ribeye steak, baked potato, salad, and dinner rolls. Then had mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert.



It was sooooooo good!!!!


I deliver just on the other side of I-40 from here Monday morning.

Went back for dinner.  The place was packed with an overflow crowd.  Over a one-hour wait.  I got to go desert and went back to the truck.  While there someone was attempting the "72oz Challenge".


Here is a list they have on the wall of recent winners.


After the line slowed down, I went back in and had a real dinner.  This time had the 16 oz prime rib.  It too was delicious!!!!


That is the end of my really good food for a while.  I'm so full I hurt!!   But it is a good hurt!!



No comments:

Post a Comment