Sunday, January 12, 2020

Sunday, January 12, 2020

Left at sunrise this morning.  The weather seemed to be holding.  Here is my view as I left Ogden, UT.



Then the snow started.


Followed a plow for a little bit until there was enough room to go around him.


After a little while I drove out of it.  The rest of the day went pretty good.  Made it all the way to Oregon, much to my surprise!!  Stopped for the night at the Love's truck stop in Ontario, Oregon.

The most challenging section of the entire trip lies ahead.  If the weather permits, I'll be going through Deadman Pass also known as Cabbage Hill.  It is a very treacherous portion of I-84.  Click here for more information on it.  For a live traffic camera from Oregon DOT, click here.


If chains are required, then I can't move.  Permit loads are not allowed if the Chain Law is in effect.  The weather there is not supposed to be very good, so we'll just have to play it by ear.  Right now, I'm about 3 hours from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment