Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Compared to yesterday, today was pretty boring.  This morning I still didn't have my Washington permit that was ordered on the 8th.  I decided to get a little closer to Washington State so I left and drove to the Pilot truck stop in Stanfield, Oregon to wait.  After about an hour my permit arrived.  It expired yesterday!!!  Good job!!!!!!  I sent an email telling my dispatcher that it was expired.  About 15 minutes later a current permit arrived.  I left there and drove to the Gear Jammer Truck Stop in Yakima, Washington for the night.  It is snowing.  There is no hurry to go further.  My next (and last for this load) mountain pass is Snoqualmie.  Conditions up there are not good.  


Went to take a shower.  I went in the shower room and could not believe it.  Horrible!!!!   Took the key and towels back and refused the room.  That is the first time I have ever done that.  Tomorrow I'll move to the Flying J in Ellensburg, WA to wait for Snoqualmie to open.  Should get a real shower there.  Weather reports do not look favorable to getting across until next week.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment